Cornbread Philosophies
My Grandaddy’s Favorite Quotes
In this life, you'll be a stepping stone or a stumbling stone. I prefer being a stepping stone.
When faced with a complex problem, look at the simple and obvious answers first.
Try to never compromise a value.
Don’t answer questions, question answers.
Take what everyone else would do in a given situation, do the opposite, and you will be right 98% of the time.
If you are in a race and don’t ride the best horse, the best you can hope for is to lose.
Take every situation, flip it over and look at it from the other side.
Choose your battles wisely.
Never enter a battle you can’t win.
Before entering a battle, know what winning looks like.
When you reach your goal, quit that task.
Let your adversary lose with dignity.
When you enter a battle, don’t hold anything back for dignity.
If a battle is worth fighting, you don’t need dignity.
The second best feeling in the world is investing everything you have and losing.
It’s not quitting if the game is over.
Never stop until you get to the finish line.
If you don’t quit, you can’t lose, time may simply run out.
If you have to hide it, you ought not be doing it!
You don’t have to like the truth, but you do have to deal with the truth.
Don't clutter your mind with knowledge. Know where to go to find the answer, don't try to keep it in your mind.
My granddaddy was the best friend I ever had. From birth, he took me under his wing and told me I was a special child, one that God had chosen. He always told me I could have anything in life I wanted, and I would be able to have riches beyong belief. He showed me how, and kept preaching to me that God had made me special. I owe him what I became.
ReplyDelete